[Sidefx-houdini-list] HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH usage

Robert D.M. Smith robert.dm.smith at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:53:07 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Michael K O'Brien <mobrien at pixar.com> wrote:

> Hmm. I haven't had any problems setting Houdini env vars on Windows.

It's not so much having problems setting the variables, just trying to
figuring out how to use them efficiently & effectively :)

> Here's what I set:
>

> HOUDINI_DSO_PATH=c:\src\pixar\src\mobrien-globaltrees-r25\inst\windows-mobri
> en-dbg;&
>
> HOUDINI_PATH=c:\src\pixar\src\mobrien-globaltrees-r25\inst\windows-mobrien-d
> bg;&
>
> Can you just set HOUDINI_PATH to the dir right above the toolbar directory?

Yep, I can do that too and everything works. I'm still curious to hear if
others just use HOUDINI_PATH or HSITE and what the pros/cons are. I'm just
looking into how to deal with Houdini from both a local & site-wide
management pov.

Cheers,
    Rob