[Sidefx-houdini-list] HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH usage

Robert D.M. Smith robert.dm.smith at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 11:37:26 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Graham Thompson <captainhammy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Much like all of the other specific paths you can specify with Houdini you
> will have to include the default path, in this case $HH/toolbar location in
> the path or else Houdini won't find all the default tools and most of the
> operators won't work.  Give it a shot just pointing it to your own path and
> Houdini won't have any shelf and only limited options in the tab menu.

Oh ... I've tried several times to get this going. Here's my problem ...
Windows ;)

I've set HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH as an environment variable trying the
following:

*%HH%/toolbar;c:/temp/houdini9.5/toolbar*

This didn't work ... Houdini complained it couldn't find the shelf sets. So,
I figured it was the HH wasn't expanding so I explictly set the variable
like so:

*"C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini9.5.274/houdini/toolbar"*
but same error message. And I tried using backslashes but no luck.

I should mention that I'm starting Houdini by double-clicking on the icon
(and I'm using Apprentice HD). Is it better to set this within a 123.cmd
file instead?

Help?!

   Rob