[Sidefx-houdini-list] Billowy Smoke not "sticking" to Volume primitives

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 13:40:35 EST 2009

Haven't investigated this too much, but wondered if anyone had a quick fix for this.

Basically I have a Copy SOP copying Volume Primitives onto moving particles and I noticed when adding the Billowy Smoke shader from the Material Palette that the Noise doesn't follow the Volumes as they moved.? I dove down into the Shader and set the "restpos" Node from "Texture" to "Object" and still no dice.

Since I am dealing with Volumes, is the proper thing to create new Volumes for x, y, & z Rest Position attributes like you do for motion blur velocity and then reference those attributes in the shader?? Or is there something easier?

Thanks,
Craig
?