[Sidefx-houdini-list] Interactive shader creation: Mental Mill

Mark Story mstory at xion.org
Fri Feb 20 13:14:47 EST 2009

craigleehoffman at aol.com wrote:
> Anyone been playing with Mental Mill?? Hopefully at some point VOPs will be able to do this sort of interactive GPU rendering that will create GLSL shaders for the viewport as well as VEX shaders for Mantra...

Yes!  :-)

I know Jan Walter, one of the developers at mental images, and he showed
me some very cool things it's capable of.  I'm just now starting to get
back to writing mr shaders and am looking at mental mill as not only
only a good prototyping environment, but a good teaching tool as well.

If you have questions, you should contact Jan (I don't jave Jan's mi
email handy, will look it up).  He'd be happy to answer questions.  Oh,
and talk to Bart Gawboy as well bart at mental.com, he's in LA.

Mark