[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra render farm service

Mark Story mstory at xion.org
Thu Feb 19 14:24:43 EST 2009

Hi Chip,

> I was just thinking about this today actually. It would be neat if
> there was a way for HD licensees to also use a service like this.

That's a good question.  We'll be teaching with education licenses so
there won't be water marks, but ore importantly much of the kinds of
things we'll be teaching can't be done with Apprentice anyway (like
writing out IFD's which is crucial for a render farm).

I suppose we could accept .hipnc files and render them using a license
key for HD/Apprentice and thus imposing the restrictions.

Not sure I like that ... there's a problem with OTL's created with
Apprentice getting mixed into a pipeline.  And a few other things come
to mind.  However, you have a really good point.  Need to think on that
one!  Thanks!

> Haven't a clue how economically feasible it would be of course.

Me neither ... thus the question, I really appreciate the feedback/input.

Mark