[Sidefx-houdini-list] Delayed load sharing a material

Rangi Sutton rangi.sutton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 21:06:26 EST 2009

Hey folks,

So how do we do this these days? I have a bunch of .bgeo files on disk, each
written out from different geometries. I can then make a material for each
of them with a mantra delayed load in them, and point them individually to
their respective .bgeos.

But then I have to manage a whole bunch of materials. Given that they nearly
all want the same parms, I'd love to be able to put some expression in the
delayed load that was based on the name of the object the material is
/applied/ to..

Or is there a different way around this?

Cheers,
r.