[Sidefx-houdini-list] Procedural primitive group deletion

Antoine Durr antoine at floqfx.com
Wed Feb 18 18:18:42 EST 2009

I would add a prim float attribute to the whole geometry, set it to
1.0; then do a foreach SOP, go by groups; attribpromote that float
prim attribute to a detail attribute, using 'sum', which will add up
all the 1.0's and give you your prim count in that chunk; then delete
the whole thing if below threshold before delivering it to the
'foreach'.

I was also thinking about another approach involving the hasprim()
and primlist() functions, e.g. args(primlist("../previousSOP",
pieces_0)) would give you the prim count of pieces_0, but I couldn't
think of a way to get an answer to "if I am primitive 4, how do I get
the answer to 'what group am I in'".  If I could, i.e. if I knew that
primitive 4 was in pieces_3, then you could do the args(primlist()) gag.

-- Antoine