[Sidefx-houdini-list] hou.copyNodesTo function question

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:19:17 EST 2009

More info on the first bug:  The crash when passing a node instead of a list
of nodes is caused by a bug in Swig and there isn't any easy fix for it.
This is bug 31926

>From your latest example it crashes as a result of attempting to move a node
into a locked asset.   It should be throwing a Permission error.

To do what you want (and avoid crashing) you actually need to allow editing
of contents on your asset before copying into it.

x = hou.node("/obj").createNode("cam", "CAM")
y = hou.node("/obj").createNode("my_hda", "CONTAINER")
y.allowEditingOfContents()
hou.copyNodesTo([x], y)

This bug is 33978.