[Sidefx-houdini-list] Animated wires in DOPs question

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 17 12:37:49 EST 2009

To get the geometry to advect you'll need two nodes, the sopgeo dop and
the geometrycopy dop. The sopgeo is to call in your source geometry and
the geo copy, copies the geometry since dops won't directly move
geometry from outside itself.
You'll need to anchor the tree, much as you would if you used the spring
sop. Not sure how you'll do that.

Guillaume had a good idea, although I was going to suggest advecting a
box lattice and deform the tree in that, at sop level.

You might also consider advecting points, bringing those into sops and
copying metaball magnets.

Another thought is that your tree may need to be treated as a particle
system, since dops obviously can cope with changing point counts in that
context.

PeterR