[Sidefx-houdini-list] Animated wires in DOPs question

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 12:00:21 EST 2009

Hi Dave,

The lightening was just for having an animated L-System. The core problem is getting a growing L-System (a tree which needs to blown in the wind as it grows) into DOPs as an animated element. This is proving difficult because of the constantly changing point numbers. I have been playing unsuccessfully with a resample sop however if there are any further suggestions they would be very welcome.

Did anyone face this in the creation of the Guinness advert (back through time). I seem to remember a Houdini presentation where the tree sprang from a sapling...

Kind regards,

Phil.

Philip Spicer
Programme Leader - MA Digital Effects