[Sidefx-houdini-list] hou.copyNodesTo function question

Georg Duemlein rdg at preset.de
Mon Feb 16 21:55:42 EST 2009

Until now I treated this as a documentation gap - and you could probably
spend hours of submitting them.

Anyway: to me it always looked like copyNodesTo() is very picky from
where it is called and also the target needs to exist - which is often
the case in test samples. In the wild the target sometimes is implicit
passed and doesn't exist yet or not anymore.

Antoine Durr schrieb:
> On Feb 16, 2009, at 1:49 PM, Nicholas Pliatsikas wrote:
>
>> I actually get crashes with this as well, but hadnt got round to
>> submitting a bug though, so i dont think they fixed that bug yet.
>
> Any crash of Houdini is by definition not your fault, and should
> absolutely be forwarded to SESI.
>
> -- Antoine
>

>> Nick
>>
>>> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:14:40 -0800
>>> From: captainhammy at gmail.com
>>> To: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>>> Subject: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] hou.copyNodesTo function question
>>>
>>> hou.copyToNodes takes the node(s) to copy as a list.  As for it
>>> crashing, it
>>> shouldn't and I believe I submitted a bug for it a while ago.
>>>
>>> a = hou.node('/obj/geo1/sphere1')
>>> b = hou.node('/obj/geo2')