[Sidefx-houdini-list] Callback for python scripts

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 14:05:28 EST 2009

You can either pass it as a string argument, or evaluate the parameter in
your function.  For example

To get the group name and pass as an arg to your function you can do

hou.pwd().hdaModule().loadMats.loadMats(hou.pwd().evalParm("MyGroup"))

To get the group name in your function body you can use kwargs to get the
instance of the node and then eval the parm.

def loadMats(kwargs):
    mynode = kwargs["node"]
    mygroup = mynode.evalParm("MyGroup")

hou.pwd().hdaModule().loadMats.loadMats(kwargs)