[Sidefx-houdini-list] Water Light Effects And the Trail Sop

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 11:50:16 EST 2009

Hi Grav,

You can use the lit fog shader as a (shift+c) material SHOP on an Atmosphere Object parented to a Light Object (spotlight is a good starting point). This will cause the light to have a volumetric beam. You can load into the light object a crinkle pattern (either procedurally generated using COPs noise / deform, or from an image sequence) to project through the light creating the desired underwater atmospheric beams.

If you are generating lines from your points you can use a Sweep SOP to sweep a circle along the curve to produce a tube.

Kind regards,

Phil.

Philip Spicer
Programme Leader - MA Digital Effects