[Sidefx-houdini-list] Animated wires in DOPs question

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 06:20:09 EST 2009

 Hi,

Is it possible to pass an animated wire into DOPs?

I have tried passing a preset 'Lightening' L-System into DOPs as a Wire Object but it doesn't register the animation even when the  'Use Deforming Geometry' option is checked. It does read in the animation if I read the L-System in as a RBD Object though...

Any thoughts? Is it better to create an animated wire using the SOP Solver?

Kind regards,

Phil.

Philip Spicer
Programme Leader - MA Digital Effects