[Sidefx-houdini-list] Weird cooking problems

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 15:02:01 EST 2009

I have 3 Objects that each have CopyStamping going on inside of them.? Most of the complex stuff has been cached out to bgeo files or locked in the networks.? Each one by itself (only it is turned on) is lightning fast to move around in the Viewport at the OBJ level or to dive in and out of with no re-cooking (as is expected due to no external references and no updating really being needed), but when two or more of them are turned on, every selection of one of them, or interactively moving a transform handle at the Object level, or diving into SOPs, or jumping up from SOPs causes a very slow re-cook, with major time hits on the Copy SOPs (from the Performance Monitor), even though nothing is being changed- just selecting them or grabbing a transform handle, etc.? There is nothing affecting these to cause them to re-cook, but yet they do.? They do share

I tried upping the COP Cache and the OBJ Cache to the max in the preferences thinking that it must be losing the memory due to them all being on (and they aren't that big or crazy), but this didn't help.? Again, one at a time they are lightning fast, but with two everything grinds to a halt.?

Anyone have any ideas?? The second two were each copied from the first, but I made sure there are no references where one relies on anything in another- could something I am not aware of be colliding??

Thanks,
-Craig