[Sidefx-houdini-list] NCCA MA Digital Effects on YouTube

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 04:07:08 EST 2009

Hi,

http://uk.youtube.com/user/NCCADigitalFX

We have finally got around to updating our YouTube site with our current students first term project. Every year we set the 'Dry for Wet' project to teach the foundation of digital effects. This is where an above water location is converted to underwater and a CG artefact is made to swim through the scene illuminating it.

These projects were made in Houdini (as it comes out of the box) and composited in Shake. We also have placed more emphasis this year on the integration of acquisition footage (bubbles, water particles etc) into the final results. These projects represent about 10 weeks work for our students with many of them coming to digital effects and computer graphics for the first time.

Houdini really is a phenomenal piece of software, and I would highly recommend it to all educational institutions and industry alike.

Kind regards,

Phil.

Philip Spicer
Programme Leader - MA Digital Effects