[Sidefx-houdini-list] hou equivalent of otinuse?

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 00:08:56 EST 2009

I don't think there is available or planned carbon copy of otinuse but the
info can pretty easily be retrieved yourself.

Louis is on the right track but instead you need to check the node type for
a definition (hdaModule is used for accessing the PythonModule section of a
digital asset and most don't have them).  If you run
hou.Node.type().definition() on a node and it is an instance of a digital
asset it will return a hou.HDADefinition object.  That, combined with
methods from the standard hou.Node object can be used to tell you everyting
and more about assets in your scene.

Something like this will give you a list of all the instances of digital
assets.  You should then be able to process the list and get whatever you
want.

def findHDAs(root, hdas):
    for child in root.children():
      if child.type().definition() is not None:
          hdas.append(child)
          findHDAs(child, hdas)
    return hdas

my_assets = findHDAs(hou.node("/"), [])