[Sidefx-houdini-list] return

Robert D.M. Smith robert.dm.smith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:09:35 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Rob Pieke <rob-p at moving-picture.com> wrote:

> That said, I just tried altering a transform's tx value by the number of
> periods in a filename and it seemed to work by putting this in for the
> parameter value:
> pythonexprf( 'hou.node("/obj/geo1/file1").parm("file").eval().count(".")' )

Thanks! That worked though I had a heck of a time to actually make it do
something. I tried cutting & pasting from your email & drop into the
parameter but it wouldn't work. Spent several minutes trying different
combos of quotations marks & backticks. Finally, I just retyped from scratch
and lo & behold, it worked!

Thanks again.

   Rob