[Sidefx-houdini-list] Modeling questions

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 16:47:31 EST 2009

Are there any good interactive ways in Houdini to do these sorts of modeling operations:

Edge loop splitting? A
tool that adds a new span that you can slide to position along a run of
quads in the mesh. Like edge loop select that splits the selection.
? I know we can make a new edge loop all the way around an object, but can we "slide" it's positioning?..

Knife? Knife
is similar to splitting but it just splits poly's based on camera
projected lines that you drag to position. It just splits across the
mesh regardless of edge runs, literally slicing across the mesh, but
only in straight lines..

Selecting an edge ring? Selecting edges that are perpendicular to edge loops (I think...)

Sliding an edge/vert along the surface? Moves it along the guestimated volume (I think..)

thanks,
Craig