[Sidefx-houdini-list] return

Robert D.M. Smith robert.dm.smith at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:23:48 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Rob Pieké <rob-p at moving-picture.com>wrote:

> myString.count( ':' )
>
> for example:
>  >>> 'asdad:adsadff:asdaf:asdaf'.count(':')
> 3

Ya ... I tried that but probably not in right context. Here's what I'm
trying to do:

I have a geometry node called 'foo' which has a string parameter. Inside
that node I have another node with a float parameter. In this float
parameter, I need the expression to read the string up on the parent node &
generate a number using the count function as we talked about.

Can I do something like
a = hou.node("/obj/foo").parm("string_to_read").eval() ; a.count(':') ???

Cheers,
   Rob