[Sidefx-houdini-list] Caching fluid sims

Jerry jerry at axyzfx.com
Tue Feb 10 13:39:09 EST 2009

It's been a while, but if I recall this method will still cause cooking.

As I understand it, every frame you are saving is a potential start
state and hence Houdini will cook all the data needed to sim from that
frame on.

Rather than cooking out sim data, i used a dopimport in SOPs and then a
file SOP to save out bgeo data.