[Sidefx-houdini-list] Caching fluid sims

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 13:26:25 EST 2009

I am caching out a fluid sim by appending a File SOP to the bottom of the AutoDopNetwork (as is done in the tutorials), setting it to "Write", and then setting it to "Read" when it is done.? But when I change frames and expect a fairly quick update due to the "Read" File SOP being activated, I get a lengthy wait with things like "DOP Pre-Simulation Step" and "DOP Network Cook" over and over in the lower left-hand corner of the interface like it is re-calculating, and I end up cancelling because it is taking too long.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?? The fluid sim data is out there on disk just fine and took over an hour to calculate and write out, so I assume it is good.

Thanks,
Craig