[Sidefx-houdini-list] connect all verts w/ a specific attribute

Michael K O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Mon Feb 2 19:37:59 EST 2009

Hola~

I'm trying to connect all points with the same attribute value with a line.
The points are from a particle simulation. The attribute value is sparse,
and I don't know how many different values I have on the particles.

Is there a way to do this?

I tried the foreach sop, but it only wants to iterate on primitive attrs or
primitive groups. Copying a primitive per particle, then using a foreach
works, but seems really clunky.

I'm about to start diving into the HDK or Python to write a node that does
this. However, it seems like something Houdini would already do. What am I
missing?

MO

--
Michael K O'Brien
mobrien at pixar.com
Pixar

LARRY THE CABLE GUY: I believe... that sometimes you've got to wreck the
                     truck to get the insurance money to make the truck
                     payment.