[Sidefx-houdini-list] reflective displacement

Szymon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:42:03 EST 2009

Reflective Displacement material from a Gallery?It should behave as
you expect (reflections should be distorted). What build are you
using? I've just checked in 10.0.430 and it works fine. Displacement
computes new normals, which effectively modify reflection vectors,
thus produces distorted reflections (both in true displacement and
bump mode). I suspect there is something wrong with your
scene/material/geometry.

skk.

(There are possible some shader's optimisations like the one that
disables displacement for secondary rays for example, so the grid from
your example would appear in reflection as bumped, but that's not a
case here, is it?)