[Sidefx-houdini-list] Paths between Linux and Windows with env variables

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Tue Dec 15 13:45:43 EST 2009

Hi everybody,

sorry to bring that discussion back but after reading the previous posts
I still can't find a satisfying solution.

How can I reference an otl from a hip file made in Linux and open it in
Windows without loosing the reference to the otl? What I want to do is
use an environment variable, say
$TX_HOUDINI_OTL_PATH/sop/myCustomThing.v02.otl

I tried different things but either the variable is expanded or Houdini
doesn't recognize it as a path. This would be useful in an IFD file too
if the variables were not expanded.

Thanks

François