[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hair Material - accessing low level parameters using attributes

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 08:45:29 EST 2009

Hi,

The Hair Material has gone through a redesign for H10, where parameters such as root color has now been replaced by a ramp parameter. How do these new parameters work with Attribute Overrides? For example, I can create a custom attribute to control the Base Color parameter of the hair material (using a vector attribute called baseColor); however I cannot access the colours of the ramp (hairColor1, hairColor2 etc) using the same methodology.

How do we access these lower level parameters?

Kind regards,

Phil.

BU - the UK's Number One New University
The Guardian University Guide 2009 & 2010