[Sidefx-houdini-list] sampling mesh attributes at specific uv

Rob Pieke rob-p at moving-picture.com
Tue Dec 1 04:40:52 EST 2009

> I think the answer is that primuv works on the primitives uvs and not
> the overall texture uvs (that's why you always have to provide the
> prim number as well - which you are able to query with xyzdist(),
> pointdist() etc).

FWIW, We were recently toying around with Houdini, trying to mix xyzdist with primuv, and had very little success. The info out of xyzdist looked pretty reasonable (certainly the primitive number was spot-on), but we got really strange results from primuv when querying for arbitrary surface attributes.