[Sidefx-houdini-list] lgpl PyQT from nokia

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 14:09:23 EDT 2009

This could be useful......

http://www.pyside.org

from faq ................

Nokia’s initial research into Python bindings for Qt involved speaking with Riverbank Computing, the makers of PyQt. We had several discussions with them to see if it was possible to use PyQt to achieve our goals. Unfortunately, a common agreement could not be found , so in the end we decided to proceed with PySide.

We will however maintain API compatibility with PyQt (you can use the same method names but can’t inter-operate with PyQt), at least for the initial release. To import PySide you have to use “import PySide” instead of “import PyQt4″.