[Sidefx-houdini-list] Varying the smoke density

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Sun Aug 30 19:51:08 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I want to vary the smoke density emitted in a voxel fluid. First, I
don't know how to do that with "Source From Objects" without using the
pyro tool. With pyro tool I can vary it as a whole but let's say I want
to vary it per emitter. By the way it looks like the pyro tool doesn't
allow you to have more than one emitter anyway by default.

I tried to read an sdf created in sop in the "Static Object" used as the
emitter but it doesn't make sense to vary density on an sdf. Either I
have to find a way to pass directly the density field from sop to the
solver or to be able to manipulate the density field in Dop.

Thanks

François