[Sidefx-houdini-list] tracking via cops/pic()

Alvin Yap alvinyapvfx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:58:10 EDT 2009

Hmmm... let's say you have a 1 red sphere moving on a black background.
Use the pic expression to pull in the color data from cops to sops
Time shift the geometry by -1F.
Merge the timeshifted geo with the current time's geo.
Instance geometry onto those red points.
Use a bounding box or some xmax-xmin expression to determine how large the
bounding box is for this frame and last frame.
Hence if the bounding box between the last and current frame is very small,
less movement. If the returned bounding box is huge, lots of movement.
Use that to drive particles?

Too lazy to boot up houdini now- whole day on it ;-)

Regards,
Alvin