[Sidefx-houdini-list] tracking via cops/pic()

jacob fisher jacobfshr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:31:20 EDT 2009

Hopefully this will be a simple question I have and you all won't
think less of me, but here goes.

I have an image sequence I imported into COPs and I have it copied to
a grid via a pic() command in the point node.

What I'd like to do is have a reaction based off the movement of an
object in the image sequence.
As a sphere moves from right to left, I would like a particle
simulation to occur.  However, I would like the particle simulation to
be varied depending on how quickly the sphere is moving.  So if it's
moving at 3 pixels/rows/columns/whatever a frame it will release more
particles than if it moves at 1 pixel per frame.

How would I go about tracking this?

Thanks for any tips you can think of.
-jake