[Sidefx-houdini-list] Extract question

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 13:51:30 EDT 2009

Is there a simple way to pick multiple objects from a Digital Asset in the viewer and Extract them into one new combined object outside of the Digital Asset??

Currently, I can only extract one at a time and the "Extract" creates a new object inside the Digital Asset rather than outside.? Picking and then doing a Copy and Paste to create multiple new objects doesn't work because (in my case) the path to the Vertex Cache CHOP used in the Digital Asset gets lost.

I guess I would prefer an automated "Object Merge", where I can select multiple objects from a complex Digital Asset in the Object Context and create a new Object with the chosen parts merged into an new Geometry Object using an "Object Merge".? I guess that could be done with some scripting, but am I overlooking something that already exists?

thanks,
Craig