[Sidefx-houdini-list] Curve Sop improvement

Jeff Wagner jeff at sidefx.com
Thu Aug 20 09:42:43 EDT 2009

RFE's don't have a best before date. They are still in there.*
*#1:* 8765* (and a recent duplicate *35180*)
#2: *36697*

Shift is used to insert or extend curves. Usually this is the multiple
select modifier...

The Curve SOP continuously rebuilds your curve which is really nice when
dealing with NURBs. You always have nice clean NURBs curves. You could
make the handles persistent, then use the handle manager pane to create
a decent work flow.

For polygon curves, an Edit SOP after the Curve SOP is the work-around.
With NURBs to get the same as editing directly in the Curve SOP you use
an Edit followed by a Basis to rebuild the curve. Not the best
work-around. Btw I don't think it is common for modeling software to
rebuild the curve on-the-fly by editing the knots/breakpoints/cv's which
is pretty cool for a NURBs and Bezier curve modeler in Houdini.

As an aside the multiple selection of handles in the Bones tool was
added a couple major releases ago which was a similar issue.

-jeff