[Sidefx-houdini-list] Practical RAT size limits

jc at axyzfx.com jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Aug 20 07:19:51 EDT 2009

I assume you're running 64 bit? I would guess the issue is more about the application and memory allocation as opposed to an inherent limitation in the format. At the very least, you can test that by using another format, and additionally try getting another app on the same platform to manipulate maps of that size.  Remember that rat is mip-mapped, there are multiple versions of your image being stuffed in there by default.
Cheers,
JC

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

-----Or