[Sidefx-houdini-list] vops and point clouds

Nicholas Pliatsikas nick_p102 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 06:54:07 EDT 2009

Didnt realise the refract limits would affect the point cloud data. I will check into that.

I had a good think about what was causing the problems last night, I think its due to how a random ID variable is working in relation to the order in which the point cloud data is being seached.

For example if the current points random ID value is bigger then the random ID value of the next point it will be ignored, that point will be ignored. I guess what is really needed is some way of sorting the point datas random ID values then bring those in sequential. But I have a feeling thats not possible at all. So im trying another approach, and changing the order of where the random call is happening, i.e clipping it with the alpha map then running the if statement to check what the highest visible layer is.

This is much tricker then i first thought..

Cheers
Nick