[Sidefx-houdini-list] Curve Sop improvement

Francois Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Aug 19 13:48:35 EDT 2009

Hi again,

Inspired by the thread on what we should ask instead of Cop, I thought
about the Curve Sop. I'm gonna do an RFE but I want to know if others have
any suggestion about it at the same time.

1- Possibility to select more than one point and to be able to scale,
rotate and translate them. To do that with the Edit Sop is not an option
because if you want to add / remove some points it can be difficult.

2- Find a new workflow that prevent a new Curve Sop to be created when we
try to pick a point to edit it's position and we click a little bit aside.
That happens all the time and I find it very annoying.

I'm sure there are other useful things to make non-procedural modeling
easier. In the end, probably the whole workflow could be re-think for that
node.

François