[Sidefx-houdini-list] "You can't polish a turd" - was Siggraph & Maya..

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Wed Aug 19 08:33:50 EDT 2009

This begs another question -- Assuming houdini COULD do that, Do you really want to tie up a $2000 license to do movie transcoding or format conversions?
(I once worked at a facility that had a houdini master license permanently tied up on a machine doing nothing but generating slates - i've grown rather sensitive to this issue).

Perhaps the simpler answer is to teach other tools to export directly to rat format??

Gene Dreitser
Loki Visual Effects
p: 416.532.5654 // c: 416.803.0682 // www.lokivfx.com