[Sidefx-houdini-list] vops and point clouds

Nicholas Pliatsikas nick_p102 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 05:25:18 EDT 2009

Hey guys and gals.

After doing a good bit of work on the point cloud shader ive hit a problem. To me it seems that there is some optimisations happening with the point cloud data or its just a bug with code/mantra .

Basically when layering the point cloud circles it looks as if mantra is cutting out much of the underlying circles, creating a problem when layering images using alphas. i.e parts of the underlying images are cut off.

I can't see a problem with the code i added, so I went back to the example Olex sent me and changed it to be additive. This illustrated the same issue. You can see a screen grab here

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/727895459/45f82a647fbe6eae52df9dc836f604f3

If it is a bug/limit with mantra I wills end this off to sidefx support.

I have also saved out the additive version of the hipfile, you can download it here.

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/727894133/de680b2c71c2c8d61f6dc0700d9d57a4

I hope this is something we can get around as it will be a really nice way to add controlled details to scene. Just a note it also seems as if there is the odd point radius that isnt being added correctly either (the green circles at the bottom right of the screen for example)

Cheers
Nick