[Sidefx-houdini-list] "You can't polish a turd" - was Siggraph & Maya..

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Tue Aug 18 22:07:36 EDT 2009

I think the notion of a 'movie file' is what is fundamentally out of place here.

QT, AVI, WMV, FLV, the list goes on and on -- and I would imagine that keeping up with all the idiosyncrasies of each flavour, would take a small army of developers to keep up with.  In fact, I can't think of a single app that 'just reads it all' correctly -- if it existed, i'm sure it would find a great place in our collective tool chests.

I don't believe that this apps' place is in the compositing space.  editing perhaps?  maybe as a conform tool of sorts?  but not compositing.

just my $0.02.

Best,

Gene Dreitser
Loki Visual Effects