[Sidefx-houdini-list] Siggraph & Maya..

Pablo Giménez Pizarro pablogipi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 14:34:59 EDT 2009

More or less every sig we have the same topic.
Autodesk drop the price, attach a new application to  Maya/3DStudio and
so on ....
In my opinion the point is not how many features you have, as someone
else has pointed bfore, is how do you work.
And in this field Houdini is unbeatable when you have a situation where
the Houdini philosophy fits, and there are a lots of them in production,
then you can have a lot of features but the way Maya forces you to work
at the end is a waste of time and this means a waste of money.
The only scenario I can see so far in film production is Houdini growing
and growing, even with the new nparticles.
Appart from this is worth to say that SESI should pay a lot of attention
and effort to make Houdini faster and easier cos these are the weapons
used by the competency.
The good thing is that I see in Houdini much more possibilities to
growth rather than any other tool. Other tools add more features but
they have the same workflow problems as meny years before.
Houdini only needs  to make easier thing easier, which is the big
problem for new users.
Just my 2 cents