[Sidefx-houdini-list] Siggraph & Maya..

Abdelkareem Abonamous anamous at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:23:41 EDT 2009

Features are nothing if the workflow is broken. For heavy fx stuff,
Maya is currently in limbo - nParticles sounds good on paper but our
TD's having been pulling their hair over it, nucleus in general is
still very rudimentary, and let's not talk about caching, retiming,
post-processing particles etc.. Not saying that Houdini is without it
quirks and I certainly am not putting down Maya, but the big picture
IMO is that the Houdini workflow and approach are much more sane.

cheers,
Abdelkareem