[Sidefx-houdini-list] vops and point clouds

Nicholas Pliatsikas nick_p102 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:48:40 EDT 2009

Hey Peoples

Im currently working on an image bombing point cloud shader and hit a problem i dont quite understand how to solve.

Im trying to grab individual points information using pcOpen and a while loop with a pciterate vop. By scanning for more then 1 point I can gather all information i need to add the point data together, which is good for other uses.

My problem is this part of the shader requires the ability to layer point information ontop of each other. For example using the composite vop node, and layering A on over B. i.e the current point data over the current total point data . Essentially creating circles layered over circles.

I found using the pcOpen/pciterate method doesnt layer as I expect, and I end up with circles "intersecting" rather then layering cleanly. Anybody any ideas on why this is happening and if it is possible to solve?

Cheers
Nick