[Sidefx-houdini-list] Wire Plasticity

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Aug 13 23:54:10 EDT 2009

I haven't played with wires for a while and honestly I'm not even sure
at that time the plasticity was there but here's my interpretation.

Bend Threshold would the amount of curvature applied to the wire is
needed to reach the plastic state, i.e. not wanting to come back to its
initial state.

Bend Rate would be the amount of time you must let it the Bend Threshold
position to make it plastic. On one side it will become plastic
instantly and on the other end of the slider you will have to let it at
that position otherwise it will come back as if it had reached the Bend
Threshold.

I hope it makes senses.

François