[Sidefx-houdini-list] Wire Plasticity

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 22:09:49 EDT 2009

Can anyone shed some light on what the "Plasticity" parameters in the "Wire Object" mean and how they work?  The docs don't make it very clear on what the numbers actually represent in a real world application.

Here are the docs for the ones I am currently engaged in "trial and error" on and not getting what I want:

Bend Threshold:    This parameter defines the amount of bending allowed before the wire is permanently bent.

Bend Rate:           This parameter defines how quickly a wire’s permanent shape becomes bent.

Bend Hardening:   This parameter defines how a wire becomes stiffer (if greater than 1) or weaker
(if less than 1) when permanently bent.

'Hardening' is pretty clear on what specific numbers do, but the other two give no clear indication on how they work with wires with various Physical and Elasticity settings.

Thanks,

Craig