[Sidefx-houdini-list] Amazing real-time (almost) Global Illumination

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:38:01 EDT 2009

I downloaded Cuda and took a look last night. I was surprised to see
that it only supports C. I would guess that until OpenCL and C++ are
supported we won't see a lot of uptake in commercial apps. We've all
seen Silicon Graphics, Quantel, and hardware frame buffer devices like
Abekus come and go. Nvidia might be lucky enough to be on top in 5
years - but I imagine not many software vendors are going to take that
chance. Anybody who has supported Cuda to date is already up for a
rewrite at this point...

Cheers