[Sidefx-houdini-list] Standardized Render Test File?

craigleehoffman at aol.com craigleehoffman at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 14:53:41 EDT 2009

Good list.?

Another useful idea is if someone could make and post production prman shaders as similar as possible to the mantra ones used for these tests so folks could do these render tests on their own machines and compare Renderman (or other "prman-like" renderers) vs. Mantra to help make an informed decision when deciding on a renderer.

In the next couple of months we are going to have the new cheaper Quad Core "Core i5" cpu's (pretty much the same as Core i7's but without "hyperthreading") coming out on cheaper motherboards, along with the much improved Windows 7 OS for PC's, and cheaper better performing SSD's (Solid State Drives), so this would be a great time to post a standard render test file for people to test with so they know what to ask Santa for.

-Craig