[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mac Hardware

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Thu Aug 6 10:11:28 EDT 2009

This is kind of discouraging news.

Certainly for smaller shops that already rely on Macs for various
apps ( Final Cut, etc)
and also run Linux for Houdini. The thought of being able to
consolidate down a bit is very intriguing.
So the port to Mac OS was very promising news.

However, this lack of card choices seems to throw a real wrench in
the works ..... as well as the possibility
of the speed and interface issues mentioned below.

Are there many people/facilities out there who has been using Houdini
on MacOS for production that can share some positive experiences??

I believe Mondi was reporting positive results, but I don't want to
put words in anyones mouth.

Any recommendations from SESI on best bet cards ( I guess of the two
available) for the latest Macs such as Lisa is looking at??

Larry