[Sidefx-houdini-list] Character Animation in Houdini - Channel Editor - Working in Linear

Ammon Riley ammon.riley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 00:31:22 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Anders Sundstedt<sundstedt at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you François.
>
> I guess what I should have asked really is what type of tangent would typically be
> used in character animation; i.e. how do I know if Bezier is the best choice?

That seems sort of the same as asking "how long is a piece of string?" The
answer depends on *which* string, just like the answer to your question
depends on what your animation is. How you want your character to move
will influence your curve type choice, since the interpolation around and
between the keyframes will change your character's performance --
sometimes in very subtle ways.

A rabid squirrel hopped up on speed might call for a different curve type
than a gently fluttering beautiful butterfly.

Cheers,
Ammon