[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mac Hardware

mondi mondi at dyskinetic.com
Mon Aug 3 11:51:36 EDT 2009

Intel Macs use EFI rather than BIOS, and the graphics card must have
the appropriate ROM to be recognized by the machine. / OS.

IIRC it should work if you boot into Windows or Linux, but you must
have an EFI compatible card installed for the Mac to get past the
initial boot sequence. Or, you can try flashing it with the
appropriate ROM, if you can:

a) Find it
b) Have enough space for the ROM image ( there are different sized
chips )

and

c) Are much braver than I am - This can brick the card, which is
generally undesirable if you've bought a shiny new Quadro.