[Sidefx-houdini-list] Using the Houdini wiki format for my own docs

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:49:00 EDT 2009

Hi houdiniks
Well I am doing a set of tools and I am in the doubt of how to document
them, in one side the wiki way in the Type Properties of every operator is
quite cool in the other I also need to have this docs in a server for online
consulting.
So I have seen that in the help directory of Houdini that you have all the
help organized into a directory hierarchy and you have a text file with the
doc in wiki format and the corresding .html file with the translation to
html.
Will be great to use the same method for my tools so this way I can get them
working in both Houdini and a server.
The thing is, is it possible to implement the Houdini wiki in my server? Is
there any command/s that will get the whole hirarchy of docs in wiki format
and pass them to html?
If my project's help follows the next hirarchy:
$HOME/src/MyTools/help/MyTools
And then under this directory I have the index.txt and index,html. How can I
point to this page from the Houdini web browser?
Of course  I a msetting the HSITE variable to $HOME/src/MyTools .
If I have a custom SOP node, for instance: MyFooSOPTool
And then instead of putting the help into the OTL I have something like:
$HOME/src/MyTools/help/MyTools/nodes/sop/MyFooSOPTool.txt
$HOME/src/MyTools/help/MyTools/nodes/sop/MyFooSOPTool.html
The help browser will be able to find the help files? Again with the HSITE
variable pointing to the proper path.

thx
--
Un saludo